Materials Management Supervisor
This position is responsible for the administration, coordination and development of hospital's Materials Management program. The program incorporates the centralization of all procurement functions including the responsibility of warehousing, commissary operation and property control of all fixed assets.
- Attends Department Heads meetings to ascertain implemented policies, assists in their development and interprets them to his subordinates.
- Coordinates and controls Materials Management activities throughout the institution.
- Supervises a centralised purchasing system (PPR's and PR's) of all supplies, services and
- Reviews, interprets, analyzes and communicates Materials management reports with the
- Ensures availability of all supplies and controls all inventories.
- Establishes an integrated plan of operation compatible with hospital objectives.
- Evaluates employees work performance and recommends rewards and/or discipinary actions.
- Keeps the Project/Hospital Manager posted of conditions in areas under his direction.
- Establishes work and vacation schedules for employees under his supervision.
- Manages control of fixed assets program (property control).
- Monitors commissary operations.
- Checks all outgoing issuance in issue vouchers and top-ups.
- Submits a monthly report to the Administration.
- Maintains a list of pharmaceuticals, laboratory and medical supplies for their validity dates, six months in advance.
- Prepares a monthly Damage Goods Report (DGR) on expired items for disposal.
- Approves orders for supplies and equipment, as authorized.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university.
- Good experience in dealing with all kinds of materials as pharmaceuticals, medical and laboratory supplies, office supplies, food items.
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking English.
- Good background in mathematical computations required.
Works in all areas of the warehouse and associated hospital facilities.
Must be able to provide leadership and be flexible in attitude towards the hospital staff.
Must be able to deal effectively with persons differing widely in educational, cultural, religious and language backgrounds.
Must be adaptable and practise a notable degree of patience especially under difficult and stressful conditions.
Must be motivated and perform repititive tasks with enthusiasm.
Must have the ability of solving personal problems of his subordinates in a compassionate, yet realistic manner.
Apply for job
to submit application